A legendary player engaged in the export promotion and trade development of handicrafts, handlooms products, khadi products, etc. since 1962....
India is a land renowned for producing an exceptional range of handcrafted items and handloom products. But the irony is that the huge artisan and craftsman fraternity of such a diverse country is unable to exploit their full potentialities due to illiteracy and lack of exposure. In an endeavor to provide helping hands to the weavers and craftsmen and also to provide exposure to the village and small scale industries of India, The Handicrafts & Handloom Export Promotion Council of India Ltd. started its operations in 1962.
The corporation provides a decent livelihood to a vast number of craftsmen and artisans through its marketing channels. We are also a globally reputed manufacturer and exporter of unmatched handloom and handicrafts products like decorative handicrafts, handlooms, garments, floor coverings, carpets and leather goods. Our portfolio of products includes unmatched baskets, mats / rugs / carpets, christmas items, cushion covers, chain stitched rugs, clay / terracotta / ceramics tiles, decorative items, dolls, dress fabrics, fashion accessories, figures, furniture, glass beads, home accessories, leather accessories, fashion apparels, readymade garments, etc. Besides this, we are also involved in the import of certain items such as Bullion, Silk, Cotton, Timber and any other raw material required by the end users.
Who We Are
Handicrafts & Handloom Export Promotion Council of India Ltd. (HHEC) is a
Central Public Sector Undertaking under the administrative control of
the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, engaged in providing
necessary assistance and guidance to the huge artisan and craftsman
fraternity of India. Our goal is to develop, promote and aggressively
market Indian handcrafted products in the entire global market. It is
our endeavor to bring the flourishing overseas markets to the huts of
numerous economically challenged but significant number of people
engaged in this trade, thereby promoting inherited skills in various arts and
crafts. In order to increase the designing capabilities of the workers,
HHEC is entering into an MoU with the National Institute of Design
(NID) - a premier design institute in the country. This facilitates
creative product development, understanding of craft technology,
requisite training for skill upgradation and product diversification.
Our Primary ObjectiveThe following are the primary objectives of our organization:
- To undertake export of Handicrafts, Handlooms Products, Khadi & Products of Village Industries from India
Promotion and Trade Development of Handicrafts and Handlooms products
(including hand-knotted woolen carpets and ready made garments) and
also to undertake export of gold and silver jewellery / articles and
import of bullion, timber and other raw materials.
Our Fascinating CollectionHHEPCI
is a globally trusted organization committed to the upliftment of
Indian village and cottage industries. We are also a manufacturer and
exporter of the following products:
- Decorative Handicrafts: Wooden
handicrafts, stoneware, metalware, grassware and items in papier
machie, glassware, clay, terracotta, ceramics, cane and bamboo, grass,
textile based soft goods, etc.
Dress fabrics, shawls, home furnishing items and handloom fashion
accessories in cotton, jute, silk, wool in various blends and
textures, dobby, jacquard, prints, embroideries, etc.
- Garments: Leather garments, fashion apparels, fashion accessories, leather accessories, ladies wear, men's wear and kids wear
- Floor Coverings: Chain stitched rugs, floor covering mats, durries, throws and chindi
- Carpets: Jute, silk, cotton and coir
- Jewellery: Gold, silver and studded, semi-precious and costume jewellery.
strive to distribute the excellence of Indian handicraft and handloom
products to all parts of globe. The organization is also committed to
achieve qualitative improvement in goods produced by the artisans,
weavers and crafts persons in order to augment the credibility of India
handlooms and handicrafts products in the export markets. We try our
level best to improve the productivity of the artisans, weavers and
craftsmen through developmental activities in order to improve and
sustain their quality of life.
Our ValuesThe following are our guiding values and principles:
- Buyers' satisfaction
- Transparency and courtesy
- Prompt and professional service
- Compassion and better business sense.
Our CommitmentWe are committed to the following objectives:
- To provide quality merchandise to foreign buyers within the stipulated delivery schedule
- To provide avenues for better prices to the artisans, weavers and craft persons
- To provide technical, financial, marketing and other assistance to the
artisans, weavers and crafts persons viz a viz foreign buyers
- To improve the profitability of the Corporation and to give the Government better returns for the money invested by it
- To ensure original handmade / crafted products of Indian origin
- To ensure the revival of a languishing art & craft of India.
Our Social & Business ObjectivesThe following are our main social and business objectives:
- Contributing to better quality of life of craftsmen and preservation of traditional crafts as national heritage
- Benchmarking for wage / equitable return to artisans / weavers as a role model employer
- Development and export of handicrafts / handlooms of India and to exploit their potential to the maximum extent.
Our ClientsThe following is a small detail of our reputed clients:
Our NetworkThe following is the detailed description of our organizational setup:
- Foreign Buyers: Located all over the globe and particularly in France, USA, Japan, Spain, Italy, UK, South Africa, Kuwait, UAE, to name a few
- Domestic Customers: At our Souvenir Shops, PSUs, Corporates, Various Govt. Departments, Foreign Missions and Indian Missions abroad.
- Corporate Office in New Delhi.
- Regional Branches in Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi
- Procurement Centers at various places throughout India
- Weavers Service Center in Mumbai
- Souvenir Shops in Dilli Haat, Craft Museum and National Museum in Delhi.
Our LiaisonThis includes:
- Ministry of Textiles
- Ministry of Commerce
- Standing Conference on Public Enterprises
- Office of the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts)
- Office of the Development Commissioner (Handlooms)
- All PSUs under the Ministry of Textiles
- Indian Trade Promotion Organization
- Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts
- Wool & Woolen Export Promotion Council
- Carpet Export Promotion Council
- All State Emporiums
- Various Councils in India and Abroad
- Foreign Missions / Indian Embassies, etc.